Mar 21, 2020
Karen Van Hoof, end-of-life doula, recommends books on death and dying
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Walking Each Other Home by Ram Dass
- Knocking on Heaven's Door by Katy Butler
- The Art of Dying Well by Katy Butler
- Your Mother, My Mother: Embracing Slow Medicine by...
Mar 17, 2020
COVID-19 is revealing our mortality. Our guest shows us how to sit with someone who is dying. Palliative care, hospice, green burials and do-it-yourself funerals, all this and more with guest Karen Van Hoof, an end-of-life doula and hospice volunteer.
Feb 7, 2020
What is meant by "livability," safe sidewalks, accessible parks, and an invitation to apply for a service job working on these issues with guests Danielle Arigoni (AARP), Tonya Mantilla (Public Allies) and Caitlin Manzano (Public Allies)
4:30 What are livable communities?
16:30 Public Allies - Who are they?