Mar 21, 2020
Karen Van Hoof, end-of-life doula, recommends books on death and dying
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Walking Each Other Home by Ram Dass
- Knocking on Heaven's Door by Katy Butler
- The Art of Dying Well by Katy Butler
- Your Mother, My Mother: Embracing Slow Medicine by...
Mar 17, 2020
COVID-19 is revealing our mortality. Our guest shows us how to sit with someone who is dying. Palliative care, hospice, green burials and do-it-yourself funerals, all this and more with guest Karen Van Hoof, an end-of-life doula and hospice volunteer.
Dec 15, 2019
Building an "in-law" apartment; establishing boundaries when sharing living space; talking with your parents about moving in with you; hospice care at home; talking with family about dying; travelling gluten free; MORTALLS (a death-positive conversation game) and more on this Slice of Life episode with guest Elikqitie.