Apr 26, 2020
Supporting someone who is grieving, what to say to someone who has experienced a loss, things to give instead of flowers, handling grief and loss on social media and more with guest Brooke James, host of The Grief Coach podcast.
Links to things we mention on the show
Mar 21, 2020
Karen Van Hoof, end-of-life doula, recommends books on death and dying
- Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Walking Each Other Home by Ram Dass
- Knocking on Heaven's Door by Katy Butler
- The Art of Dying Well by Katy Butler
- Your Mother, My Mother: Embracing Slow Medicine by...
Mar 17, 2020
COVID-19 is revealing our mortality. Our guest shows us how to sit with someone who is dying. Palliative care, hospice, green burials and do-it-yourself funerals, all this and more with guest Karen Van Hoof, an end-of-life doula and hospice volunteer.
Dec 15, 2019
Building an "in-law" apartment; establishing boundaries when sharing living space; talking with your parents about moving in with you; hospice care at home; talking with family about dying; travelling gluten free; MORTALLS (a death-positive conversation game) and more on this Slice of Life episode with guest Elikqitie.